The MDS-2 shredding truck is the perfect blend of high performance and compact design.
The MDS-2 is the perfect addition to your existing fleet or a great way to start your Mobile Shredding business. The MDS-2 is the perfect blend of high performance and compact design. It is very maneuverable and easy to navigate through congested city streets; yet still carries surprising payload of up to 9,000 lbs or up to 14,000 lbs.
*Product specifications subject to change without notice.
- The heart of the MDS-2 is the revolutionary ST-15H shredder. The ST-15H body is cast entirely of aluminum, providing exceptional strength without the weight of steel. With throughput rates up to 5,500 lbs/hr, the MDS-2 performs up to the standards of larger Mobile Destruction Systems. The shredder features hub knives, high strength alloy shafts as well as two all new patent pending innovations – cast-in cleaning fingers and a vibrating Bridgeless Feed Hopper®.
- BIN TUNNEL AND CONTROLS
- The MDS-2 is equipped with Shred-Tech’s proprietary and patented Cart Lift Tunnel & Gripper Tipper®. This bin tunnel loading system allows for quick and easy loading of all industry standard containers and ensures materials are protected from environmental elements such as wind and rain.
- The state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough to allow remote diagnostics, advanced predictive idle and auto-shutdown while remaining easy to use.
- AUGER COMPACTOR AND AUTO UNLOADING
- The MDS-2 comes equipped with Shred-Tech’s angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system. Together, these features ensure maximum payload and the rapid discharge of shredded material. This means more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
- The MDS-2 meets the EPA’s strict new low emissions standards and operates on ULSD (ultra- low sulfur diesel fuel) or B5 Biodiesel fuel. The MDS-2 is equipped with Shred-Tech’s Predictive Idle with auto shutdown and remote panel start/ stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine, reducing fuel consumption and lowering engine hours.
|Throughput*||Up to 5,500 lbs/hr||Up to 5,500 lbs/hr|
|Height(based on chassis)||12′ 3”||13′|
|Weight Empty||16,200 lbs||19,000|
|Chassis GVW||25,500 lbs||33,000 lbs|
|Legal Payload Capacity, Up to**||9,000 lbs||14,000 lbs|
|Number of Motors||1||1|
|Horsepower||65 HP||65 HP|
|Knife Thickness (STD)||5/8” (15.3 mm)||5/8” (15.3 mm)|
|Number of Knives||36||36|
|Hex Size||2 11/16”||2 11/16”|
|Distance Between Shafts||5 7/8”||5 7/8”|
|Shred-Tech® Model ST-15H Shredder||S||S|
|Bridgeless Feed Hopper||S||S|
|“Patented” Retractable Bin Tunnel||S||S|
|Gripper Tipper® – Patented||S||S|
|Hydraulic Reservoir (36 US Gallons)||S||S|
|Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller||S||S|
|Remote Operator Control – Video Monitoring||S||S|
|Drive Configuration – PTO/Hydraulic||S||S|
|Safety and Maintenance Training at Shred-Tech||S||S|
|Active Floor Unloading Floor System||S||S|
|Remote Panel Engine Start/Stop||S||S|
|Predictive Idle With Auto Shut Down||S||S|
|Shredding and Storage Area Cameras||S||S|
|Back Up Sensor System||O||O|
|Weigh Scales – Portable (Certifiable as Legal for Trade) or Tipper Mounted||O||O|
|Back Up Camera||O||O|
|Painted Cab and Body (Other than White)||O||O|
|Digital Video Recording System||O||O|
|Strobe Light Package||O||O|
|Safety & Maintenance Training at Customer Location||O||O|
|Polished Aluminum Tool Box||O||O|
|Hard Drive Crusher||O||O|
|Electronic Hydraulic Tank Heater||O||O|
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available
*Throughput is an estimate based on actual test data and can vary depending upon many factors, including paper type, system maintenance and operator training.
**Legal Payload Capacity is an estimate based on chassis GVRW only. Actual payload can vary depending on many factors including paper type, weather conditions, and system maintenance. Shred-Tech does not guarantee throughput or payload results.