The MDS-3’s brilliant design achieves amazing throughput and payload at an equally amazing price.
The MDS-3 is all about performance, with class leading single axle payload of up to 14,000 lbs and throughput up to 7,000 lbs/hr, making it the #1 selling shredding truck in the world. The MDS- 3 is designed to be cost efficient, reliable and competitively priced.
*Product specifications subject to change without notice.
- The MDS-3 gets it’s performance from the tried and true ST-15H shredder with an upgraded hydraulic system. The cast aluminum ST-15H has exceptional strength without the weight of steel. In its MDS-3 configuration, the ST-15H shreds up to 7,000 lbs/hr. The shredder features hub knives, high strength alloy shafts as well as two all new patent pending innovations: cast-in cleaning fingers and a bridgeless vibrating feed hopper ®.
- BIN TUNNEL AND CONTROLS
- The MDS-3 shredding truck is equipped with Shred-Tech’s proprietary and patented Cart Lift Tunnel & Gripper Tipper®. This bin tunnel loading system allows for quick and easy loading of all industry standard containers. It ensures confidential information is protected from the elements.
- The state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough not only to control and monitor the system but also allows for a job timer, an automatic bin counter, advanced diagnostics and predictive idle to name a few. The Plus 1® system offers a level of control, and range of features, not possible with older, analog control panels.
- COMPACTOR AND AUTO UNLOADING
- The MDS-3 comes equipped with Shred-Tech’s angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system. Together, these features ensure maximum payload of up to 14,000 lbs and the rapid discharge of shredded material in a few minutes. This means more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
- The MDS-3 meets the EPA’s strict new low emissions standards and operates on ULSD (ultra- low sulfur diesel fuel) or B5 Biodiesel fuel. The MDS-3 is equipped with Shred-Tech’s Predictive Idle with auto shutdown and remote panel start/ stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine, reducing fuel consumption and lowering engine hours.
|Legal Payload Capacity, Up to**||9,000 lbs||14,000 lbs||16,000 lbs|
|Throughput, Up to*||7,000 lbs/hr||7,000 lbs/hr||7,000 lbs/hr|
|Weight Empty||16,300 lbs||19,000 lbs||26,250 lbs|
|Chassis GVW||25,500 lbs||33,000 lbs||58,000 lbs|
|Number of Motors||1||1||1|
|Horsepower||114 HP||114 HP||114 HP|
|Knife Thickness (STD)||5/8” (15.3 mm)||5/8” (15.3 mm)||5/8” (15.3 mm)|
|Number of Knives||36||36||36|
|Hex Size||2 11/16”||2 11/16”||2 11/16”|
|Distance Between Shafts||5 7/8”||5 7/8”||5 7/8”|
|Shred-Tech® Model ST-15H Shredder||S||S||S|
|Bridgeless Feed Hopper||S||S||S|
|Patented Retractable Bin Tunnel||S||S||S|
|Gripper Tipper® – Patented||S||S||S|
|Hydraulic Reservoir (36 US Gallons)||S||S||S|
|Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller||S||S||S|
|Remote Operator Control – Video Monitoring||S||S||S|
|Drive Configuration – PTO/Hydraulic||S||S||S|
|Safety and Maintenance Training at Shred-Tech||S||S||S|
|Active Floor Unloading Floor System||S||S||S|
|Remote Panel Engine Start/Stop||S||S||S|
|Predictive Idle With Auto Shut Down||S||S||S|
|Shredding and Storage Area Cameras||S||S||S|
|Exhaust – Vertical||S||S||S|
|Hino 338, 260HP||X||O||N|
|Freightliner M2, IH 4400||S||S||S|
|Weigh Scale – Portable (Certifiable as Legal for Trade)||O||O|
|Back Up Sensor System||O||O|
|Back Up Camera System||O||O|
|Painted Cab and Body (Other than White)||O||O|
|Digital Video Recording System||O||O|
|Strobe Light Package||O||O|
|Safety & Maintenance Training at Customer Location||O||O|
|Polished Aluminum Tool Box||O||O|
|Remote System Diagnostics||O||O|
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available
*Throughput is an estimate based on actual test data and can vary depending upon many factors, including paper type, system maintenance and operator training.
**Legal Payload Capacity is an estimate based on chassis GVRW only. Actual payload can vary depending on many factors including paper type, weather conditions, and system maintenance. Shred-Tech does not guarantee throughput or payload results.