The STS-5S shredder includes a swing ram for processing large flexible items and bales.
- STANDARD FEATURES
- Shred-Tech’s STS-5S shredder is manufactured to exacting quality control standards, ensuring maximum shredder durability. Extra heavy-duty construction and attention to detail results in a shredder that performs well and is operator friendly.
- PRODUCT OVERVIEW
- The STS-5S is capable of processing virtually any and all types of plastics and wood in all shapes, sizes and quantities. Our team of experienced technical sales representatives are trained to advise on the exact equipment specifications needed to meet all application requirements.Rigorous testing and video & digital imaging hardware, enable our team to provide accurate recommendations; with test results available for the customer to review.
- Reinforced all welded construction – prevents screen damage from tramp metal and other unshreddable objects.
- Fluid coupling prevents damage to the drive system during high shock loads or heavy levels or contaminates. Provides reduced motor load starting.
- Available abrasion resistant wear components decrease operating costs.
- Bearings & seals – mounted outboard of the cutting chamber to avoid contamination.
- Two-speed ram for efficient processing.
- Replaceable ram guides.
- As with all Shred-Tech shredders, the STS line can be equipped with a full complement of options including:
- Custom hoppers and stands
- In-feed and discharge conveyors
- Pneumatic discharge and dust control
- Vibrating, magnetic or rotary separation
- Modem capabilities
- PLC interfacing for peripheral equipment
|Rotor Diameter||480 (mm)|
|Rotor Width||1,500 (mm)|
|Shredder Motor||90 (kw)|
|Cutting Chamber Size||1,340 x 1,500 (mm)|
|Screen Opening Diameter||40 (mm)|
|Rotor Knife Quantity||84|
|Rotor Knife Size||40 (mm)|
|Bed Knife Quantity||6|
|Hydraulic Ram Motor||7.5 (kw)|
|Shredder Length/Width/Height||3,660 x 2,190 x 2,660 (mm)|
|Various rotor widths and motor powers to suit application|
|Various screen opening diameters to suit application|
|Wear resistant rotor and screen material|
|Bolted rotor knife holders for metal applications|
|Rotor cooling for low melt temperature materials|
|Swing style ram for the processing of large flexible items and bales|
|Ram has variable speed dependent upon motor current load|
|Ram equipped with angled, seratted face for positive grip|
|Gear reduced drive with matched “V” belts and fluid coupling for reduced load starting & overload protection|
|Four-sided rotor knives made from tool steel can be rotated before replacement|
|Access doors for quick screen change|
|Doors for ease of access to rotor|
|Rubber vibration isolation foot pads|
|Plastic mouldings, purgings and film|
|Paper products and cardboard|
|Beverage containers, plastic and aluminum|
|Carpet and fabric|
|Household and commercial waste|
|RDF and SRF production|
Electric / Hydraulic
1,340 x 1,500 (mm)