Amazing performance and value. The MDS-1 is available on three sizes of chassis. DO MORE…FOR LESS!
The MDS-1 shredding truck is available on both CDL and Non-CDL chassis’. With a payload of up to 14,000 lbs and throughput of up to 4,500 lbs/hr, the MDS-1 takes affordability to an all new level. DO MORE with the all new MDS-1.
*Product specifications subject to change without notice.
- The MDS-1 gets its amazing performance from the proven ST-15H shredder with an upgraded hydraulic system. The cast aluminum ST-15H has exceptional strength without the weight of steel. In its MDS-1 configuration, the ST-15H shreds up to 4,500 lbs/hr. The shredder features hub knives, high strength alloy shafts as well as two all new patent pending innovations: cast-in cleaning fingers and a bridgelessvibrating feed hopper®.
- BIN TUNNEL AND CONTROLS
- The MDS-1 shredding truck is equipped with Shred-Tech’s proprietary and patented Cart Lift Tunnel & Gripper Tipper®. This bin tunnel loading system allows for quick and easy loading of all industry standard containers. It ensures confidential information is protected from the elements, as it is kept secure and enclosed at all times.
- The state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough not only to control and monitor the system but also allows for a job timer, an automatic bin counter, advanced diagnostics as well as Predictive Idle and Auto Shutdown to name a few. The Plus 1® system offers a level of control, and range of features, not possible with older, analog control panels.
- AUGER COMPACTOR AND AUTO UNLOADING
- The MDS-1 comes equipped with Shred-Tech’s angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system. Together, these features ensure maximum payload of up to 14,000 lbs and the rapid discharge of shredded material in a few minutes. This means more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
- The MDS-1 meets the EPA’s strict new low emissions standards and operates on ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel) or B5 Biodiesel fuel. The MDS-1 is equipped with Shred-Tech’s Predictive Idle with auto shutdown and remote panel start/stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine, reducing fuel consumption and lowering engine hours.
|Chassis GVW||19,500 lbs(IH Terrastar)||25,500 lbs (Hino)||33,000 lbs (Freightliner)|
|Throughput*||Up to 4,500 lbs/hr||Up to 4,500 lbs/hr||Up to 4,500 lbs/hr|
|Height(based on chassis)||12′ 3”||12′ 3”||13′|
|Weight Empty||15,000 lbs||16,200 lbs||19,000 lbs|
|Legal Payload Capacity, Up to**||4,500 lbs||9,000 lbs||14,000 lbs|
|Number of Motors||1||1||1|
|Horsepower||65 HP||65 HP||65 HP|
|Knife Thickness (STD)||5/8” (15.3 mm)||5/8” (15.3 mm)||5/8” (15.3 mm)|
|Number of Knives||36||36||36|
|Hex Size||2 11/16”||2 11/16”||2 11/16”|
|Distance Between Shafts||5 7/8”||5 7/8”||5 7/8”|
|Shred-Tech® Model ST-15H Shredder||S||S||S|
|Bridgeless Feed Hopper (Aluminum)||S||S||S|
|Patented Retractable Bin Tunnel||S||S||S|
|Gripper Tipper® – Patented||S||S||S|
|Hydraulic Reservoir (36 US Gallons)||S||S||S|
|Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller||S||S||S|
|Remote Operator Control – Video Monitoring||S||S||S|
|Drive Configuration – PTO/Hydraulic||S||S||S|
|Safety and Maintenance Training at Shred-Tech||S||S||S|
|Active Floor Unloading Floor System||S||S||S|
|Remote Panel Start/Stop||S||S||S|
|Predictive Idle With Auto Shut Down||S||S||S|
|Shredding and Storage Area Cameras||S||S||S|
|Other Chassis Models||O||O||O|
|Back Up Camera System||O||O||O|
|Weigh Scales – Portable (Certifiable as Legal for Trade) Or Tipper Mounted||O||O||O|
|Painted Cab and Body (Other than White)||O||O||O|
|Digital Video Recording System||O||O||O|
|Strobe Light Package||O||O||O|
|Safety & Maintenance Training – Customer Location||O||O||O|
|Polished Aluminum Tool Box||O||O||O|
|Hard Drive Crusher||O||O||O|
|Electronic Hydraulic Tank Heater||O||O||O|
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available
*Throughput is an estimate based on actual test data and can vary depending upon many factors, including paper type, system maintenance and operator training.
**Legal Payload Capacity is an estimate based on chassis GVRW only. Actual payload can vary depending on many factors including paper type, weather conditions, and system maintenance. Shred-Tech does not guarantee throughput or payload results.