The perfect blend of shredding performance and affordability make the MDS-2-EU an industry standard.
The all new MDS-2-EU Document Shredding Truck is available on 12, 15 & 18 tonne chassis’. Very maneuverable on tight city streets and country lanes yet with a class leading payload up to 6,500 kgs and 2,040 kgs/hr throughput it can get almost any route completed.
The MDS-2-EU is available in either ‘GT’ (Ground Tip Tunnel) or ‘H’ (Internal Feed with Cart Tipper) model designations.
*Product specifications subject to change without notice.
- Shred-Tech’s line-up of MDS systems get their amazing performance from the tried and true ST-15H shredder. The cast aluminum ST-15H has exceptional strength without the weight of steel. The ST-15H shreds up to 2,041 kgs/hr. The shredder features hub knives, high strength alloy shafts as well as two all new patent pending innovations: cast- in cleaning fingers and a bridgeless vibrating feed hopper.
- SHREDDER CONTROLS
- The state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough not only to control and monitor the system but also allows for a job timer, an automatic bin counter, advanced diagnostics and predictive idle. The Plus 1® system offers a level of control, and range of features, not possible with older, analog control panels.
- The new state of the art Plus 1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough to allow remote diagnostics, advanced predictive idle and auto-shutdown while remaining easy to use.
- AUGER COMPACTOR AND AUTO UNLOADING
- All MDS Systems come equipped with Shred-Tech’s angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system. Together, these features ensure maximum payload of up to 6,500 kgs and rapid discharge of shredded material in a few minutes, equating to more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- All Shred-Tech Shredding Trucks are equipped with Predictive Idle***, Auto Shutdown and Remote Panel Start/Stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine. This means never wasting fuel and engine hours.
|MDS-15 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS|
|Throughput*||Up to 2,041 kg/hr|
|Body Length (mm)||6,500 (H Model) 5,600 (GT Model)|
|Overall Length (mm)||8,555 (H Model) 7,625 (GT Model)|
|Chassis GVW (kg)||15,000|
|Payload Capacity** (kg)||4,500|
|Number of motors||1|
|Standard knife thickness||15.3|
|Number of knives||36|
|Knife diameter (mm)||175|
|Hex size (mm)||68|
|Distance between shafts (mm)||149|
|Cutting chamber (mm)||533×355|
|Shred-Tech Model ST-15H Shredder||S|
|Bridgeless Feed Hopper||S|
|“Patented” Retractable Bin Tunnel||S|
|Gripper Tipper® – Patent Pending||X (H Model) S (GT Model)|
|Slide Lift and Cart Tipper||S (H Model) X (GT Model)|
|Hydraulic Reservoir (136 Litres)||S|
|Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller||S|
|Remote Operator Control – Video Monitoring||S|
|Drive Configuration – PTO/Hydraulic||S|
|Active Floor Unloading System||S|
|Remote Panel Engine Start/Stop||S|
|Predictive Idle with Auto Shut Down||S|
|Shredding and Storage Area Cameras||S|
|Exhaust – Horizontal||S|
|CHASSIS||DAF LF 55|
|Transmission||ZF Astonic Auto|
|Weigh Scale – Portable (Certified as Legal for Trade)||O|
|Back-Up Sensor System||O|
|Back-Up Camera System||O|
|Painted Cab and Body (Other than White)||O|
|Digital Video Recording System||O|
|Strobe Light Package||O|
|Safety and Maintenance Training at Customer Location||O|
|Polished Aluminum Tool Box||O|
|Flush Fitting Rear Doors||O|
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available
*Throughput is an estimate based on actual test data and can vary depending upon many factors, including paper type, system maintenance and operator training. **Payload calculation based on GVWR. Shred-Tech reserves the right to change product specifications without notice. *** Feature available on automatic chassis only. SHRED-TECH® is a registered trademark of Shred-Tech Corporation.