The MDS-2 shredding truck is the perfect blend of high performance and compact design.
The MDS-2 is the perfect addition to your existing fleet or a great way to start your Mobile Shredding business. The MDS-2 is the perfect blend of high performance and compact design. It is very maneuverable and easy to navigate through congested city streets; yet still carries surprising payload of up to 9,000 lbs or up to 14,000 lbs.
*Product specifications subject to change without notice.
- The MDS-Line gets its amazing performance from the proven ST-15H and ST-35H shredders. The cast aluminum shredders have exceptional strength without the weight of steel. Throughput on the ST-15H can range from 4,500 lbs/hr to 7,000 lbs/hr, and up to 12,000 lbs/hr on the ST-35H. The shredders feature hub knives, high strength alloy shafts as well as two all-new patent pending innovations: cast-in cleaning fingers and a bridgeless vibrating feed hopper.
- BIN TUNNEL AND CONTROLS
- The MDS-Line is equipped with Shred-Tech’s proprietary and patented Gripper Tipper®. This bin tunnel loading system allows for quick and easy loading of all industry standard containers. It ensures confidential information is protected from the elements, as it is kept secure and enclosed at all times.
- The state of the art Plus+1® micro-control system with advanced intelligence is powerful enough to not only control and monitor the system but it also allows for a job timer, an automatic bin counter, advanced diagnostics and Predictive Idle to name a few of the features. The Plus+1® system offers a level of control, and range of features that are not possible with older analog control panels.
- AUGER COMPACTOR AND AUTO UNLOADING
- Equipped with Shred-Tech’s angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system, these features ensure maximum payload of up to 14,000 lbs and rapid discharge of shredded material within a few minutes. This means more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
- Our MDS Fleet meets the EPA’s strict new low emissions standards and operates on ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel) or B5 Biodiesel fuel. All MDS trucks are equipped with Shred-Tech’s Predictive Idle with auto shutdown and remote panel start/stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine, reducing fuel consumption and lowering engine hours.
- **Two Year Limited Warranty
|Throughput Up To (lbs/hr)*||5,500||5,500|
|Legal Payload Up To (lbs)**||9,000||14,000|
|Chassis GVW (lbs)||26,000||33,000|
|Empty Weight (lbs)||17,000||19,000|
|Number of Motors||1||1|
|Shredder Horsepower||75 HP||75 HP|
|Knife Thickness||5/8” (15.3 mm)||5/8” (15.3 mm)|
|Number of Knives||36||36|
|Hex Size||2 11/16”||2 11/16”|
|Distance Between Shafts||5 7/8”||5 7/8”|
|Cutting Chamber (LxW)||21”x14”||21”x14”|
|Shred-Tech® Shredder Model||ST-15H||ST-15H|
|Automated Infeed Hopper||S||S|
|Patented Retractable Bin Tunnel||S||S|
|Gripper Tipper® Cart Lift||S||S|
|Aluminium Hydraulic Reservoir||S||S|
|Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller||S||S|
|Ground Control Panel & Video Monitoring||S||S|
|PTO/Hydraulic Drive Configuration||S||S|
|Walking Floor Unloading System||S||S|
|Remote Start & Stop W/Parallel Chassis Ignition||S||S|
|Predictive Idle With Auto Shut Down||S||S|
|Shredding and Storage Area Cameras||S||S|
|Freightliner M2 106||S||S|
|All Other Makes||O||O|
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available
*Throughput is an estimate based on actual test data and can vary depending upon many factors, including paper type, system maintenance and operator training.
**Legal Payload Capacity is an estimate based on chassis GVRW only. Actual payload can vary depending on many factors including paper type, weather conditions, and system maintenance. Shred-Tech does not guarantee throughput or payload results.