When shred size matters most.
Established in 1980 Shred-Tech® is a world leader in designing and manufacturing mobile and stationary shredding and recycling systems. Shred-Tech® has installed more than 5,000 shredding and recycling systems worldwide and is recognized globally for its commitment to engineering innovation and quality. Shred-Tech® is headquartered in Cambridge, Ontario Canada and has operations in North Carolina-USA, Bedford-England, Chonburi-Thailand as well as distributors in the UK, Australia and Japan.
- The Patent Pending MDX Mobile Shredding Units are revolutionary dual mode systems. They are able to be switched between standard and high security modes at the touch of a button. When operating in standard mode the bulletproof ST-15H shredder achieves up to 6,500 lbs/hr of throughput. Activating the high security mode produces an incredibly small DIN certified shred size while maintaining impressive throughput. Shred-Tech’s MDX-Line features the first high security Mobile Shredding Units which do not rely on screens or moving additional shredders in and out of position. This makes these systems user friendly, reliable, easy to service and cost effective.
- AUGER COMPACTOR & AUTO UNLOADING
- MDX trucks come equipped with Shred-Tech’s twin-screw angled compactor design and durable moving floor unloading system. Together, these features ensure maximum payload of up to 13,000 lbs and rapid discharge of shredded materials in a few minutes, equating to more time on-route shredding paper and generating revenue.
- BIN TUNNEL & CONTROLS
- As with all Shred-Tech Mobile Shredding Units MDX trucks are equipped with the proprietary and patented Gripper Tipper® loading system. This system allows for easy ground or curb level loading of any industry standard container. Shred-Tech was the first company to offer a retractable bin tunnel and this important feature has been included on this model. The bin tunnel works with the Gripper Tipper® to provide a safe working environment and to protect your customers’ secure information during the loading process. The state of the art Plus+1® micro-control system offers many advantages. It works in concert with the standard shredder and paper area cameras to provide real time video of the shredding process. This allows for the operator to monitor the process and customers to witness the destruction of their sensitive information. Additionally the Plus+1® system communicates with the truck chassis to provide information and allow for the remote start and stop capability. It also provides shredding system performance data and can individually actuate each system component in maintenance mode. You don’t have to guess what is happening with your Shredding Truck when it has the Plus+1® system, you’ll know.
- ENVIRONMENTAL STEWARDSHIP
- Our MDX Fleet meets the EPA’s strict new low emissions standards and operates on ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel) or B5 Biodiesel fuel. All MDX trucks are equipped with Shred-Tech’s Predictive Idle with auto shutdown and remote panel start/stop. Predictive Idle senses low shredder loads and shuts off the high engine idle when the shredder is unattended and the hopper is empty. Moments later the PTO’s are turned off along with the engine, reducing fuel consumption and lowering engine hours.
- ** Two Year Limited Warranty
|Throughput up to (lbs/hr) Normal Mode||7,000||7,000||7,000||7,000||4,500||4,500|
|Throughput up to (lbs/hr) High Security Mode||2,500||2,500||1,000||1,000||1,200||1,200|
|Legal Payload Up To (lbs)||7,500||13,300||7,500||13,300||7,500||13,300|
|DIN- Shred Size||-/DIN 3||-/DIN 3||-/DIN 4||-/DIN 4||DIN 2/ DIN 4||DIN 2/ DIN 4|
|DIN- Security Size w/Compactor Mixing||-/DIN 4||-/DIN 4||-/DIN 4||-/DIN 4||-/DIN 4||-/DIN 4|
|Royal Canadian Mounted police (RCMP)||Protected A & B / CONFIDENTIAL||Protected A & B / CONFIDENTIAL||Protected A & B / CONFIDENTIAL||Protected A & B / CONFIDENTIAL||Protected B / SECRET||Protected B / SECRET|
|British Standards Institute||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.4/ Shred No.6||Shred No.4/ Shred No.6|
|European Standard||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.3/ Shred No.6||Shred No.4/ Shred No.6||Shred No.4/ Shred No.6|
|Chassis GVW (lbs)||26,000||33,000||26,000||33,000||26,000||33,000|
|Empty Weight (lbs)||18,500||19,700||18,500||19,700||18,500||19,700|
|Length||27′ 10″||31′||27′ 10″||31′||27′ 10″||31′|
|Height||12′ 6′||13′||12′ 6′||13′||12′ 6′||13′|
|Number of Motors (ST-15 / MDX)||1/1||1/1||1/1||1/1||1/1||1/1|
|Shredder Horespower (ST-15 / MDX)||114hp / 84hp||114hp / 84hp||114hp / 84hp||114hp / 84hp||114hp / 84hp||114hp / 84hp|
|Knife Thickness||5/8″ (15.3mm)||5/8″ (15.3mm)||3/8″ (9.3mm)||3/8″ (9.3mm)||3/8″ (9.3mm)||3/8″ (9.3mm)|
|Number of Knives||36||36||36||36||56||56|
|Hex Size||2 11/16″||2 11/16″||2 11/16″||2 11/16″||2 11/16″||2 11/16″|
|Distance Between Shafts||5 7/8″||5 7/8″||5 7/8″||5 7/8″||5 7/8″||5 7/8″|
|Cutting Chamber (LxW)||21″ x 14″||21″ x 14″||21″ x 14″||21″ x 14″||21″ x 14″||21″ x 14″|
|Shred-Tech Shredder Model||S|
|Automated Infeed Hopper (Aluminum)||S|
|Patented Retractable Bin Tunnel||S|
|Gripper Tipper Cart Lift||S|
|Aluminium Hydraulic Reservoir||S|
|Main Control Panel c/w Micro Controller||S|
|Ground Control Panel & Video Monitoring||S|
|PTO Hydraulic Drive Configuration||S|
|Walking Floor Unloading System||S|
|Remote Start & Stop W/Parallel Chassis Ignition||S|
|Predictive Idle with Auto Shutdown||S|
|Shredding & Storage Area Cameras||S|
S = Standard O = Option X = Not Available